Sunday, February 24, 2008

diaries

I still remember the first time when my mom bought me a diary. I was nine years old. She said that I can write any events, anything that have I done or happened each day on that diary. At that time, I do not really know what to write. What I wrote was what my homework was and whether I went to school or tuitions or not. Sometimes, I just ask my mom to write what have happened on that day for me. Isn’t it funny? Asking someone else to write in your diary? But I take it differently and I think my mom cares so much of me that she knows everything that I have done each day…may be I was so innocent that days. Yet, when I grew up, I tend to hide my diaries and I extremely do not want her to read any of the stuffs that I have written in them. It was the time when I think my mom loves my younger sisters more than me and the time when I had boyfriends and what I shared with my best friends. It’s not that I have making something behind her back. It’s only the place for secrets to be kept. Yes! That’s what I called my diaries.

Nonetheless, when I take this course, I have to read other people’s diaries like Andy Warhol and many other famous people. Before this, I never thought that diaries can be one of elements in literature. Through these diaries, we tend to understand how they think, their way of life and we certainly can see how passion and genius they are. I guessed that is why we still read, use and learnt these people’s diaries.

On the other hand, until today, I still kept all my diaries and there are about ten or more of them. However, I think I’ll better burn all my diaries some days…because I definitely do not want other people to read them. Aren’t they supposed to be private and confidential?

No comments: