Sunday, February 24, 2008

Letters

Before this, I never thought that letters are one of the literature stuffs that we need to learn and examine. As we learned letters of John Keats and Vincent Van Gough, I tend to understand why their letters are studied by literature students, educators and others. When Dr Edwin read the letters to us, I can see that their letters are so beautiful. I would be very happy if someone sent me letters like that! Erm… I wish so.

Von Gough’s letters are so incredible. As I read them, it sounds like a poem which has rhymes and others that are definitely beautiful. One of the lines in his letters is and above all have patience. He who believes, does not hasten. For Keat’s letters, it was my first time to read someone’s letters that writes at the bottom of the letters like this one;

…..In the hope of soon seeing you (I) remain

most sincerely yours,

John Keats.

The sentences seemed to be one even though they are written separately. I think it is a creative one. I am sure the next time I am writing letters informally, I would do the same because it is so nice to read someone written like that and who knows my letters would be like Keats one day! :p

However, I do not think I would keep all my letters…I hope I can burn them all before I die. It would not be so fun and interesting when people read my letters because they will know everything. I still remember when I was in Form 2. I used to burn all of my best friend’s letters when we had misunderstandings and had a small argument. At that time, I did that because I was influence by drama or movie that I can hardly remember now. When someone was so mad and hate a person or they are no longer are friends, he or she would tear off or burn all their letters. At that time, I think it was so dramatic and that is why I tend to do what was in the drama or movie. It was so cool. But then sometimes I felt regret to burn all of the letters because I could not read them anymore. Well, what’s is done right?

No comments: