Friday, February 15, 2008

Research Paper

When I first time met my advisor, he asked on the topics that we were thinking of doing for our research paper. We were to do the outline of the research first so that he know what we are going to do.

There are many short stories and novels that came to my mind. The first thing that I was thinking is the novels by Jane Austen; Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibilities. It is because they are merely about women and how Jane Austen treats her heroes of both stories besides the issues of women and man’s treatment that are obvious in both novels trigger me most. However, I found that there are some of my classmates are going to do Jane Austen’s works. So, I decided to find other stories that may be not so many people that would do. Well, I do not want them to think that I am influenced by others’ ideas. As a matter of fact, this is my research paper and I absolutely do not want people to have such thoughts of my works.

For this assignment, we can choose to do whatever literature elements that we want whether it is novel, play, drama, short stories, poem or speech. However, we need to deal at least with two texts and it also depends on our advisor as there lecturer that wants us to use at least three texts. Perhaps, he or she do not want us to stuck in the middle of our work and have nothing to argue or discuss more.

To me, research paper is something we want to do because of the ideas or issues in the texts trigger us most and we want to highlight them and make it as something significant may be us or others. It is definitely something that we give all of our thoughts and ideas in it. Well, I hope my research paper will be a good one!

No comments: