Sunday, March 9, 2008

Elizabeth the Golden Age

It was one of my friends’ ideas to watch this movie. At first I was wondering why we must watch this kind of movie. Plus, I do not really like to watch movies that contain war or fighting or violence elements. However, as I watch this movie, I kept thinking of literature. I do not know why I felt that way.

Personally, I think this movie is not just a simple movie. In a way, I am glad to watch this movie because I tend to understand the history of Elizabeth I. I get to understand why she is called the Virgin Queen. I really salute her for being so strong. Well, it is not easy to be a woman on her own who leads a big country like England at that time. I think the death of her cousin Mary was not her fault at all. As a leader, she needs to listen to her advisor and ministers’ opinion in making any decisions. I also respect her when she can accept the child of Raleigh even though it hurts her so much at first. Well, the baby is not guilty.

Another thing that I realize in the movie is how prophecy plays a role at that time. Almost everything that they did, they tend to refer to the ‘fortune teller’ so much. Anything that they want to do, what should they do, what will happened if one is taken are referred to him. I guessed when we believe so much in something, it become true. What do you think? Again, this movie is a good movie to watch.

No comments: