Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What would you image yourself as a literature teacher?

To me, it was quite difficult to answer that question. Well, I am not a real teacher yet. I do not think I can describe what could I image as before I experience it first. Plus, I do not really like when people think that I talk more than what I did or, my description is so much like fairy tales where in reality, I never were the same person as I imagine I am.
I guessed Dr Edwin asked us this question so that we can have an aim to achieve, to struggle to be. At least there are images that we want to be in our job and not just doing it blindly. When we discussed about this issue, some of my friends described themselves as being clown, ironed shirt, bulb light and many more in teaching literature. I myself imaged me as a director in a movie or drama series. It is where my students would be the actors and actresses and they are the product of the learning since people will see their acting in that story while I as the director, works at the back of the screen but still I am very important for them to be successful.

Yet, I have slightly disagreement when one of my friends described herself as a doctor. It is because not all the students want to see ‘doctor’ even though they are sick; I mean their English are weak. Doctors absolutely can give any medicine that is suitable for the patient but if the patients are reluctant to see them, how can the medicine gat in hands?

Nevertheless, it is definitely no matter what we describe ourselves as literature teachers because I think as long as our students get what we are teaching them and they enjoy the lesson, it would just be fine.

No comments: